whatIf? Technologies provides a hosting service for models running on the whatIf? Modelling Platform.
- Clients access models from their PC Desktops via the internet.
- Models are hosted on either dedicated or shared servers located on whatIf? Technologies' premises.
- Security is assured through the use of virtual private network (VPN) technology.
- whatIf? Technologies staff performs server management tasks, including the creation and deletion of user accounts, incremental and full backups, recovery of files from backups, and usage monitoring.
- whatIf? Technologies analysts may be engaged to update model databases and maintain client models.
The extent to which clients engage our model-hosting and related services is flexible. Some clients opt to be self-sufficient and maintain in-house technical expertise. Others, with limited technical resources, require ongoing assistance for maintenance and data updates, allowing them to focus on core modelling and analysis competencies.